Boot Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BootDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To boot ones self; to put on ones boots.
- (n.) Profit; gain; advantage; use.
- (n.) An apron or cover (of leather or rubber cloth) for the driving seat of a vehicle, to protect from rain and mud.
- (n.) The metal casing and flange fitted about a pipe where it passes through a roof.
- (n.) Remedy; relief; amends; reparation; hence, one who brings relief.
- (v. t.) To put boots on, esp. for riding.
- (n.) An instrument of torture for the leg, formerly used to extort confessions, particularly in Scotland.
- (n.) Booty; spoil.
- (v. t.) To enrich; to benefit; to give in addition.
- (n.) A place for baggage at either end of an old-fashioned stagecoach.
- (v. t.) To profit; to advantage; to avail; -- generally followed by it; as, what boots it?
- (n.) A covering for the foot and lower part of the leg, ordinarily made of leather.
- (v. t.) To punish by kicking with a booted foot.
- (n.) A place at the side of a coach, where attendants rode; also, a low outside place before and behind the body of the coach.
- (n.) That which is given to make an exchange equal, or to make up for the deficiency of value in one of the things exchanged.
• BootblackDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who blacks boots.
• BootesDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A northern constellation, containing the bright star Arcturus.