Branding Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BrandingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Brand
• BrandDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) Fig.: To fix a mark of infamy, or a stigma, upon.
- (v. t.) A burning piece of wood; or a stick or piece of wood partly burnt, whether burning or after the fire is extinct.
- (v. t.) An instrument to brand with; a branding iron.
- (v. t.) Any minute fungus which produces a burnt appearance in plants. The brands are of many species and several genera of the order Pucciniaei.
- (v. t.) To mark or impress indelibly, as with a hot iron.
- (v. t.) To burn a distinctive mark into or upon with a hot iron, to indicate quality, ownership, etc., or to mark as infamous (as a convict).
- (v. t.) To put an actual distinctive mark upon in any other way, as with a stencil, to show quality of contents, name of manufacture, etc.
- (v. t.) A mark put upon criminals with a hot iron. Hence: Any mark of infamy or vice; a stigma.
- (v. t.) A sword, so called from its glittering or flashing brightness.
- (v. t.) A mark made by burning with a hot iron, as upon a cask, to designate the quality, manufacturer, etc., of the contents, or upon an animal, to designate ownership; -- also, a mark for a similar purpose made in any other way, as with a stencil. Hence, figurately: Quality; kind; grade; as, a good brand of flour.
• Branding ironDefinition & Meaning in English
- () An iron to brand with.