Busked Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• BuskedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Busk
- (a.) Wearing a busk.
• BuskDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t. & i.) To prepare; to make ready; to array; to dress.
- (v. t. & i.) To go; to direct ones course.
- (n.) A thin, elastic strip of metal, whalebone, wood, or other material, worn in the front of a corset.
- (n.) Among the Creek Indians, a feast of first fruits celebrated when the corn is ripe enough to be eaten. The feast usually continues four days. On the first day the new fire is lighted, by friction of wood, and distributed to the various households, an offering of green corn, including an ear brought from each of the four quarters or directions, is consumed, and medicine is brewed from snakeroot. On the second and third days the men physic with the medicine, the women bathe, the two sexes are taboo to one another, and all fast. On the fourth day there are feasting, dancing, and games.