Capacities Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CapacitiesDefinition & Meaning in English
- (pl. ) of Capacity
• CapacityDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Outward condition or circumstances; occupation; profession; character; position; as, to work in the capacity of a mason or a carpenter.
- (n.) Ability; power pertaining to, or resulting from, the possession of strength, wealth, or talent; possibility of being or of doing.
- (n.) The power of receiving or containing; extent of room or space; passive power; -- used in reference to physical things.
- (n.) The power of receiving and holding ideas, knowledge, etc.; the comprehensiveness of the mind; the receptive faculty; capability of undestanding or feeling.
- (n.) Legal or noral qualification, as of age, residence, character, etc., necessary for certain purposes, as for holding office, for marrying, for making contracts, will, etc.; legal power or right; competency.