Chock Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ChockDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A wedge, or block made to fit in any space which it is desired to fill, esp. something to steady a cask or other body, or prevent it from moving, by fitting into the space around or beneath it.
- (v. i.) To fill up, as a cavity.
- (v. t.) To stop or fasten, as with a wedge, or block; to scotch; as, to chock a wheel or cask.
- (n.) A heavy casting of metal, usually fixed near the gunwale. It has two short horn-shaped arms curving inward, between which ropes or hawsers may pass for towing, mooring, etc.
- (adv.) Entirely; quite; as, chock home; chock aft.
- (v. t.) To encounter.
- (n.) An encounter.
• ChockingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Chock