Claw Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ClawDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) To relieve from some uneasy sensation, as by scratching; to tickle; hence, to flatter; to court.
- (n.) The whole foot of an animal armed with hooked nails; the pinchers of a lobster, crab, etc.
- (n.) A sharp, hooked nail, as of a beast or bird.
- (n.) To rail at; to scold.
- (n.) A slender appendage or process, formed like a claw, as the base of petals of the pink.
- (v. i.) To scrape, scratch, or dig with a claw, or with the hand as a claw.
- (n.) Anything resembling the claw of an animal, as the curved and forked end of a hammer for drawing nails.
- (n.) To pull, tear, or scratch with, or as with, claws or nails.
• ClawedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Claw
- (a.) Furnished with claws.