Clay Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ClayDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Earth in general, as representing the elementary particles of the human body; hence, the human body as formed from such particles.
- (n.) A soft earth, which is plastic, or may be molded with the hands, consisting of hydrous silicate of aluminium. It is the result of the wearing down and decomposition, in part, of rocks containing aluminous minerals, as granite. Lime, magnesia, oxide of iron, and other ingredients, are often present as impurities.
- (v. t.) To cover or manure with clay.
- (v. t.) To clarify by filtering through clay, as sugar.
• ClayedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Clay
• ClayishDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Partaking of the nature of clay, or containing particles of it.