Cloistering Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CloisteringDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Cloister
• CloisterDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) the series of such passages on the different sides of any court, esp. that of a monastery or a college.
- (v. t.) A covered passage or ambulatory on one side of a court;
- (v. t.) To confine in, or as in, a cloister; to seclude from the world; to immure.
- (v. t.) A monastic establishment; a place for retirement from the world for religious duties.
- (v. t.) An inclosed place.