Cockled Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CockledDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Wrinkled; puckered.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Cockle
- (a.) Inclosed in a shell.
• CockleDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The dome of a heating furnace.
- (v. t.) To cause to contract into wrinkles or ridges, as some kinds of cloth after a wetting.
- (n.) A cockleshell.
- (n.) A bivalve mollusk, with radiating ribs, of the genus Cardium, especially C. edule, used in Europe for food; -- sometimes applied to similar shells of other genera.
- (n.) The mineral black tourmaline or schorl; -- so called by the Cornish miners.
- (n.) A plant or weed that grows among grain; the corn rose (Luchnis Githage).
- (n.) A hop-drying kiln; an oast.
- (n.) The fire chamber of a furnace.
- (n.) The Lotium, or darnel.