Cognate Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CognateDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Allied by blood; kindred by birth; specifically (Law), related on the mothers side.
- (a.) Of the same or a similar nature; of the same family; proceeding from the same stock or root; allied; kindred; as, a cognate language.
- (n.) One of a number of things allied in origin or nature; as, certain letters are cognates.
- (n.) One who is related to another on the female side.
• CognatenessDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The state of being cognate.