Coin Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CoinDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To manufacture counterfeit money.
- (n.) A piece of metal on which certain characters are stamped by government authority, making it legally current as money; -- much used in a collective sense.
- (v. t.) To acquire rapidly, as money; to make.
- (v. t.) To make or fabricate; to invent; to originate; as, to coin a word.
- (v. t.) To make of a definite fineness, and convert into coins, as a mass of metal; to mint; to manufacture; as, to coin silver dollars; to coin a medal.
- (n.) That which serves for payment or recompense.
- (n.) A quoin; a corner or external angle; a wedge. See Coigne, and Quoin.
• CoiningDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Coin
• CoincidenceDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Exact correspondence in nature, character, result, circumstances, etc.; concurrence; agreement.
- (n.) The condition of occupying the same place in space; as, the coincidence of circles, surfaces, etc.
- (n.) The condition or fact of happening at the same time; as, the coincidence of the deaths of John Adams and Thomas Jefferson.