Colt Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ColtDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A short knotted rope formerly used as an instrument of punishment in the navy.
- (v. t.) To horse; to get with young.
- (n.) The young of the equine genus or horse kind of animals; -- sometimes distinctively applied to the male, filly being the female. Cf. Foal.
- (v. t.) To befool.
- (n.) A young, foolish fellow.
- (v. i.) To frisk or frolic like a colt; to act licentiously or wantonly.
• Colt pistolDefinition & Meaning in English
- () A self-loading or semi-automatic pistol with removable magazine in the handle holding seven cartridges. The recoil extracts and ejects the empty cartridge case, and reloads ready for another shot. Called also Browning, / Colt-Browning, pistol.