Commanded Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CommandedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Command
• CommandDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To exercise direct authority over; to have control of; to have at ones disposal; to lead.
- (v. i.) To have or to exercise direct authority; to govern; to sway; to influence; to give an order or orders.
- (v. t.) To order with authority; to lay injunction upon; to direct; to bid; to charge.
- (n.) A body of troops, or any naval or military force or post, or the whole territory under the authority or control of a particular officer.
- (n.) An authoritative order requiring obedience; a mandate; an injunction.
- (n.) Authority; power or right of control; leadership; as, the forces under his command.
- (v. t.) To direct to come; to bestow.
- (v. t.) To have power or influence of the nature of authority over; to obtain as if by ordering; to receive as a due; to challenge; to claim; as, justice commands the respect and affections of the people; the best goods command the best price.
- (n.) The possession or exercise of authority.
- (n.) Power to dominate, command, or overlook by means of position; scope of vision; survey.
- (n.) Control; power over something; sway; influence; as, to have command over ones temper or voice; the fort has command of the bridge.
- (v. t.) To have within a sphere of control, influence, access, or vision; to dominate by position; to guard; to overlook.
- (v. i.) To have a view, as from a superior position.