Commitment Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CommitmentDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The act of referring or intrusting to a committee for consideration and report; as, the commitment of a petition or a bill.
- (n.) The act of committing, or putting in charge, keeping, or trust; consignment; esp., the act of committing to prison.
- (n.) A doing, or perpetration, in a bad sense, as of a crime or blunder; commission.
- (n.) A warrant or order for the imprisonment of a person; -- more frequently termed a mittimus.
- (n.) The act of pledging or engaging; the act of exposing, endangering, or compromising; also, the state of being pledged or engaged.