Common Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CommonDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To have a joint right with others in common ground.
- (v.) Belonging or relating equally, or similarly, to more than one; as, you and I have a common interest in the property.
- (n.) The right of taking a profit in the land of another, in common either with the owner or with other persons; -- so called from the community of interest which arises between the claimant of the right and the owner of the soil, or between the claimants and other commoners entitled to the same right.
- (v.) Given to habits of lewdness; prostitute.
- (v.) Belonging to or shared by, affecting or serving, all the members of a class, considered together; general; public; as, properties common to all plants; the common schools; the Book of Common Prayer.
- (n.) The people; the community.
- (v.) Not distinguished or exceptional; inconspicuous; ordinary; plebeian; -- often in a depreciatory sense.
- (v. i.) To converse together; to discourse; to confer.
- (v.) Often met with; usual; frequent; customary.
- (v.) Profane; polluted.
- (v. i.) To board together; to eat at a table in common.
- (v. i.) To participate.
- (n.) An inclosed or uninclosed tract of ground for pleasure, for pasturage, etc., the use of which belongs to the public; or to a number of persons.
• CommonableDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Allowed to pasture on public commons.
- (a.) Held in common.