Companying Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CompanyingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Company
• CompanyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A companion or companions.
- (n.) The state of being a companion or companions; the act of accompanying; fellowship; companionship; society; friendly intercourse.
- (n.) The body of actors employed in a theater or in the production of a play.
- (v. i.) To have sexual commerce.
- (n.) Partners in a firm whose names are not mentioned in its style or title; -- often abbreviated in writing; as, Hottinguer & Co.
- (n.) A subdivision of a regiment of troops under the command of a captain, numbering in the United States (full strength) 100 men.
- (v. i.) To be a gay companion.
- (n.) An assemblage or association of persons, either permanent or transient.
- (n.) Society, in general; people assembled for social intercourse.
- (n.) The crew of a ship, including the officers; as, a whole ships company.
- (n.) An association of persons for the purpose of carrying on some enterprise or business; a corporation; a firm; as, the East India Company; an insurance company; a joint-stock company.
- (v. t.) To accompany or go with; to be companion to.
- (n.) Guests or visitors, in distinction from the members of a family; as, to invite company to dine.
- (v. i.) To associate.