Consul Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ConsulDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One of the three chief magistrates of France from 1799 to 1804, who were called, respectively, first, second, and third consul.
- (n.) A senator; a counselor.
- (n.) One of the two chief magistrates of the republic.
- (n.) An official commissioned to reside in some foreign country, to care for the commercial interests of the citizens of the appointing government, and to protect its seamen.
• ConsulateDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The office of a consul.
- (n.) The jurisdiction or residence of a consul.
- (n.) Consular government; term of office of a consul.
• ConsultingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) That consults.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Consult