Conversing Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ConversingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Converse
• ConverseDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Familiar discourse; free interchange of thoughts or views; conversation; chat.
- (a.) Turned about; reversed in order or relation; reciprocal; as, a converse proposition.
- (n.) A proposition in which, after a conclusion from something supposed has been drawn, the order is inverted, making the conclusion the supposition or premises, what was first supposed becoming now the conclusion or inference. Thus, if two sides of a sides of a triangle are equal, the angles opposite the sides are equal; and the converse is true, i.e., if these angles are equal, the two sides are equal.
- (v. i.) To engage in familiar colloquy; to interchange thoughts and opinions in a free, informal manner; to chat; -- followed by with before a person; by on, about, concerning, etc., before a thing.
- (n.) A proposition which arises from interchanging the terms of another, as by putting the predicate for the subject, and the subject for the predicate; as, no virtue is vice, no vice is virtue.
- (v. i.) To keep company; to hold intimate intercourse; to commune; -- followed by with.
- (v. i.) To have knowledge of, from long intercourse or study; -- said of things.
- (n.) Frequent intercourse; familiar communion; intimate association.