Converting Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ConvertingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Convert
• ConvertDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To turn into another language; to translate.
- (v. t.) To change (one proposition) into another, so that what was the subject of the first becomes the predicate of the second.
- (n.) A lay friar or brother, permitted to enter a monastery for the service of the house, but without orders, and not allowed to sing in the choir.
- (v. t.) To change or turn from one belief or course to another, as from one religion to another or from one party or sect to another.
- (v. i.) To be turned or changed in character or direction; to undergo a change, physically or morally.
- (v. t.) To exchange for some specified equivalent; as, to convert goods into money.
- (v. t.) To cause to turn; to turn.
- (v. t.) To produce the spiritual change called conversion in (any one); to turn from a bad life to a good one; to change the heart and moral character of (any one) from the controlling power of sin to that of holiness.
- (v. t.) To change or turn from one state or condition to another; to alter in form, substance, or quality; to transform; to transmute; as, to convert water into ice.
- (v. t.) To apply to any use by a diversion from the proper or intended use; to appropriate dishonestly or illegally.
- (n.) A person who is converted from one opinion or practice to another; a person who is won over to, or heartily embraces, a creed, religious system, or party, in which he has not previously believed; especially, one who turns from the controlling power of sin to that of holiness, or from unbelief to Christianity.