Coronas Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CoronasDefinition & Meaning in English
- (pl. ) of Corona
• CoronaDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The projecting part of a Classic cornice, the under side of which is cut with a recess or channel so as to form a drip. See Illust. of Column.
- (n.) The upper surface of some part, as of a tooth or the skull; a crown.
- (n.) A crown or circlet suspended from the roof or vaulting of churches, to hold tapers lighted on solemn occasions. It is sometimes formed of double or triple circlets, arranged pyramidically. Called also corona lucis.
- (n.) A circle, usually colored, seen in peculiar states of the atmosphere around and close to a luminous body, as the sun or moon.
- (n.) The shelly skeleton of a sea urchin.
- (n.) A crown or garland bestowed among the Romans as a reward for distinguished services.
- (n.) Any crownlike appendage at the top of an organ.
- (n.) An inner appendage to a petal or a corolla, often forming a special cup, as in the daffodil and jonquil.
- (n.) A character [/] called the pause or hold.
- (n.) A peculiar luminous appearance, or aureola, which surrounds the sun, and which is seen only when the sun is totally eclipsed by the moon.
- (n.) A peculiar phase of the aurora borealis, formed by the concentration or convergence of luminous beams around the point in the heavens indicated by the direction of the dipping needle.