Correction Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CorrectionDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The act of correcting, or making that right which was wrong; change for the better; amendment; rectification, as of an erroneous statement.
- (n.) An allowance made for inaccuracy in an instrument; as, chronometer correction; compass correction.
- (n.) That which is substituted in the place of what is wrong; an emendation; as, the corrections on a proof sheet should be set in the margin.
- (n.) The act of reproving or punishing, or that which is intended to rectify or to cure faults; punishment; discipline; chastisement.
- (n.) Abatement of noxious qualities; the counteraction of what is inconvenient or hurtful in its effects; as, the correction of acidity in the stomach.
• CorrectionalDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Tending to, or intended for, correction; used for correction; as, a correctional institution.