Cove Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CoveDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A member, whose section is a concave curve, used especially with regard to an inner roof or ceiling, as around a skylight.
- (n.) A retired nook; especially, a small, sheltered inlet, creek, or bay; a recess in the shore.
- (n.) A strip of prairie extending into woodland; also, a recess in the side of a mountain.
- (v. t.) To brood, cover, over, or sit over, as birds their eggs.
- (n.) A boy or man of any age or station.
- (v. t.) To arch over; to build in a hollow concave form; to make in the form of a cove.
- (n.) A concave molding.
• Cover cropDefinition & Meaning in English
- () A catch crop planted, esp. in orchards. as a protection to the soil in winter, as well as for the benefit of the soil when plowed under in spring.
• CovenablyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) Fitly; suitably.