Coward Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CowardDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Belonging to a coward; proceeding from, or expressive of, base fear or timidity.
- (v. t.) To make timorous; to frighten.
- (a.) Destitute of courage; timid; cowardly.
- (n.) A person who lacks courage; a timid or pusillanimous person; a poltroon.
- (a.) Borne in the escutcheon with his tail doubled between his legs; -- said of a lion.
• CowardlyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Proceeding from fear of danger or other consequences; befitting a coward; dastardly; base; as, cowardly malignity.
- (adv.) In the manner of a coward.
- (a.) Wanting courage; basely or weakly timid or fearful; pusillanimous; spiritless.
• CowardiceDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Want of courage to face danger; extreme timidity; pusillanimity; base fear of danger or hurt; lack of spirit.