Crotch Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• CrotchDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A stanchion or post of wood or iron, with two arms for supporting a boom, spare yards, etc.; -- called also crane and crutch.
- (n.) The angle formed by the parting of two legs or branches; a fork; the point where a trunk divides; as, the crotch of a tree.
- (v. t.) To provide with a crotch; to give the form of a crotch to; as, to crotch the ends of ropes in splicing or tying knots.
- (n.) In the three-ball carom game, a small space at each corner of the table. See Crotched, below.
- (v. t.) To notch (a log) on opposite sides to provide a grip for the dogs in hauling.
• CrotchesDefinition & Meaning in English
- (pl. ) of Crotch