Dandies Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• DandiesDefinition & Meaning in English
- (pl. ) of Dandy
• DandyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A small sail carried at or near the stern of small boats; -- called also jigger, and mizzen.
- (n.) A sloop or cutter with a jigger on which a lugsail is set.
- (n.) A dandy roller. See below.
- (n.) One who affects special finery or gives undue attention to dress; a fop; a coxcomb.
• DandiDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A boatman; an oarsman.
• DandieDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One of a breed of small terriers; -- called also Dandie Dinmont.
- (n.) In Scotts "Guy Mannering", a Border farmer of eccentric but fine character, who owns two terriers claimed to be the progenitors of the Dandie Dinmont terriers.
- (n.) One of a breed of terriers with short legs, long body, and rough coat, originating in the country about the English and Scotch border.