Detect Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• DetectDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To uncover; to discover; to find out; to bring to light; as, to detect a crime or a criminal; to detect a mistake in an account.
- (a.) Detected.
- (v. t.) To inform against; to accuse.
• DetectiveDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Fitted for, or skilled in, detecting; employed in detecting crime or criminals; as, a detective officer.
- (n.) One who business it is so detect criminals or discover matters of secrecy.