Dreaded Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• DreadedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Dread
• DreadDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A person highly revered.
- (n.) An object of terrified apprehension.
- (a.) Exciting great fear or apprehension; causing terror; frightful; dreadful.
- (n.) Great fear in view of impending evil; fearful apprehension of danger; anticipatory terror.
- (n.) Reverential or respectful fear; awe.
- (v. t.) To fear in a great degree; to regard, or look forward to, with terrific apprehension.
- (n.) Doubt; as, out of dread.
- (a.) Inspiring with reverential fear; awful venerable; as, dread sovereign; dread majesty; dread tribunal.
- (n.) Fury; dreadfulness.
- (v. i.) To be in dread, or great fear.