Eared Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• EaredDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Having external ears; having tufts of feathers resembling ears.
- (a.) Having (such or so many) ears; -- used in composition; as, long-eared-eared; sharp-eared; full-eared; ten-eared.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Ear
• EarDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Privilege of being kindly heard; favor; attention.
- (n.) The spike or head of any cereal (as, wheat, rye, barley, Indian corn, etc.), containing the kernels.
- (n.) Same as Acroterium.
- (v. t.) To plow or till; to cultivate.
- (n.) The organ of hearing; the external ear.
- (n.) That which resembles in shape or position the ear of an animal; any prominence or projection on an object, -- usually one for support or attachment; a lug; a handle; as, the ears of a tub, a skillet, or dish. The ears of a boat are outside kneepieces near the bow. See Illust. of Bell.
- (v. i.) To put forth ears in growing; to form ears, as grain; as, this corn ears well.
- (v. t.) To take in with the ears; to hear.
- (n.) The sense of hearing; the perception of sounds; the power of discriminating between different tones; as, a nice ear for music; -- in the singular only.
- (n.) Same as Crossette.