Edged Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• EdgedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Edge
• EdgeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To furnish with an edge as a tool or weapon; to sharpen.
- (v. t.) Any sharp terminating border; a margin; a brink; extreme verge; as, the edge of a table, a precipice.
- (v. t.) To furnish with a fringe or border; as, to edge a dress; to edge a garden with box.
- (v. t.) To move by little and little or cautiously, as by pressing forward edgewise; as, edging their chairs forwards.
- (v. t.) To make sharp or keen, figuratively; to incite; to exasperate; to goad; to urge or egg on.
- (v. t.) The thin cutting side of the blade of an instrument; as, the edge of an ax, knife, sword, or scythe. Hence, figuratively, that which cuts as an edge does, or wounds deeply, etc.
- (v. t.) To shape or dress the edge of, as with a tool.
- (v. t.) The border or part adjacent to the line of division; the beginning or early part; as, in the edge of evening.
- (v. t.) Sharpness; readiness of fitness to cut; keenness; intenseness of desire.
- (v. i.) To move sideways; to move gradually; as, edge along this way.
- (v. i.) To sail close to the wind.