Elector Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ElectorDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Hence, specifically, in any country, a person legally qualified to vote.
- (n.) One of the persons chosen, by vote of the people in the United States, to elect the President and Vice President.
- (a.) Pertaining to an election or to electors.
- (n.) In the old German empire, one of the princes entitled to choose the emperor.
- (n.) One who elects, or has the right of choice; a person who is entitled to take part in an election, or to give his vote in favor of a candidate for office.
• ElectorateDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The territory, jurisdiction, or dignity of an elector, as in the old German empire.
- (n.) The whole body of persons in a nation or state who are entitled to vote in an election, or any distinct class or division of them.