Enlist Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• EnlistDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To enter on a list; to enroll; to register.
- (v. t.) To engage for military or naval service, the name being entered on a list or register; as, to enlist men.
- (v. i.) To enroll and bind ones self for military or naval service; as, he enlisted in the regular army; the men enlisted for the war.
- (v. t.) To secure the support and aid of; to employ in advancing interest; as, to enlist persons in the cause of truth, or in a charitable enterprise.
- (v. i.) To enter heartily into a cause, as if enrolled.
• EnlistmentDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The writing by which an enlisted man is bound.
- (n.) The act or enlisting, or the state of being enlisted; voluntary enrollment to serve as a soldier or a sailor.
• EnlistedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Enlist