Espy Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• EspyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To catch sight of; to perceive with the eyes; to discover, as a distant object partly concealed, or not obvious to notice; to see at a glance; to discern unexpectedly; to spy; as, to espy land; to espy a man in a crowd.
- (n.) A spy; a scout.
- (v. t.) To inspect narrowly; to examine and keep watch upon; to watch; to observe.
- (v. i.) To look or search narrowly; to look about; to watch; to take notice; to spy.
• EspyingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Espy