Expression Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ExpressionDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The representation of any quantity by its appropriate characters or signs.
- (n.) The act of declaring or signifying; declaration; utterance; as, an expression of the public will.
- (n.) The act of expressing; the act of forcing out by pressure; as, the expression of juices or oils; also, of extorting or eliciting; as, a forcible expression of truth.
- (n.) That which is expressed by a countenance, a posture, a work of art, etc.; look, as indicative of thought or feeling.
- (n.) A form of words in which an idea or sentiment is conveyed; a mode of speech; a phrase; as, a common expression; an odd expression.
- (n.) Lively or vivid representation of meaning, sentiment, or feeling, etc.; significant and impressive indication, whether by language, appearance, or gesture; that manner or style which gives life and suggestive force to ideas and sentiments; as, he reads with expression; her performance on the piano has expression.
• ExpressionlessDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Destitute of expression.