Extracting Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ExtractingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Extract
• ExtractDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To take by selection; to choose out; to cite or quote, as a passage from a book.
- (n.) A peculiar principle once erroneously supposed to form the basis of all vegetable extracts; -- called also the extractive principle.
- (v. t.) To withdraw by expression, distillation, or other mechanical or chemical process; as, to extract an essence. Cf. Abstract, v. t., 6.
- (n.) A portion of a book or document, separately transcribed; a citation; a quotation.
- (n.) A decoction, solution, or infusion made by drawing out from any substance that which gives it its essential and characteristic virtue; essence; as, extract of beef; extract of dandelion; also, any substance so extracted, and characteristic of that from which it is obtained; as, quinine is the most important extract of Peruvian bark.
- (n.) A solid preparation obtained by evaporating a solution of a drug, etc., or the fresh juice of a plant; -- distinguished from an abstract. See Abstract, n., 4.
- (n.) Extraction; descent.
- (v. t.) To draw out or forth; to pull out; to remove forcibly from a fixed position, as by traction or suction, etc.; as, to extract a tooth from its socket, a stump from the earth, a splinter from the finger.
- (n.) That which is extracted or drawn out.
- (n.) A draught or copy of writing; certified copy of the proceedings in an action and the judgement therein, with an order for execution.