Faulting Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• FaultingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Fault
- (n.) The state or condition of being faulted; the process by which a fault is produced.
• FaultDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Failure to serve the ball into the proper court.
- (n.) Anything that fails, that is wanting, or that impairs excellence; a failing; a defect; a blemish.
- (n.) A lost scent; act of losing the scent.
- (v. t.) To interrupt the continuity of (rock strata) by displacement along a plane of fracture; -- chiefly used in the p. p.; as, the coal beds are badly faulted.
- (n.) Defect; want; lack; default.
- (v. i.) To err; to blunder, to commit a fault; to do wrong.
- (v. t.) To charge with a fault; to accuse; to find fault with; to blame.
- (n.) In coal seams, coal rendered worthless by impurities in the seam; as, slate fault, dirt fault, etc.
- (n.) A moral failing; a defect or dereliction from duty; a deviation from propriety; an offense less serious than a crime.
- (n.) A dislocation of the strata of the vein.
- (n.) A defective point in an electric circuit due to a crossing of the parts of the conductor, or to contact with another conductor or the earth, or to a break in the circuit.
- (n.) A dislocation caused by a slipping of rock masses along a plane of facture; also, the dislocated structure resulting from such slipping.