Find Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• FindDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To discover by sounding; as, to find bottom.
- (v. t.) To provide for; to supply; to furnish; as, to find food for workemen; he finds his nephew in money.
- (v. t.) To learn by experience or trial; to perceive; to experience; to discover by the intellect or the feelings; to detect; to feel.
- (v. t.) To attain to; to arrive at; to acquire.
- (v. t.) To meet with, or light upon, accidentally; to gain the first sight or knowledge of, as of something new, or unknown; hence, to fall in with, as a person.
- (v. t.) To discover by study or experiment direct to an object or end; as, water is found to be a compound substance.
- (v. t.) To come upon by seeking; as, to find something lost.
- (v. i.) To determine an issue of fact, and to declare such a determination to a court; as, the jury find for the plaintiff.
- (v. t.) To arrive at, as a conclusion; to determine as true; to establish; as, to find a verdict; to find a true bill (of indictment) against an accused person.
- (n.) Anything found; a discovery of anything valuable; especially, a deposit, discovered by archaeologists, of objects of prehistoric or unknown origin.
- (v. t.) To gain, as the object of desire or effort; as, to find leisure; to find means.
• FinDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) End; conclusion; object.
- (v. t.) To carve or cut up, as a chub.
- (n.) A membranous, finlike, swimming organ, as in pteropod and heteropod mollusks.
- (n.) The hand.
- (n.) A finlike appendage, as to submarine boats.
- (n.) A blade of whalebone.
- (n.) The thin sheet of metal squeezed out between the collars of the rolls in the process of rolling.
- (n.) A finlike organ or attachment; a part of an object or product which protrudes like a fin
- (n.) A mark or ridge left on a casting at the junction of the parts of a mold.
- (n.) An organ of a fish, consisting of a membrane supported by rays, or little bony or cartilaginous ossicles, and serving to balance and propel it in the water.
- (n.) A feather; a spline.
- (n.) A fixed stabilizing surface, usually vertical, similar in purpose to a bilge keel on a ship.
• FindfaultingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Apt to censure or cavil; faultfinding; captious.