Firms Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• FirmsDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) The principal rafters of a roof, especially a pair of rafters taken together.
• FirmDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) The name, title, or style, under which a company transacts business; a partnership of two or more persons; a commercial house; as, the firm of Hope & Co.
- (a.) To fix; to settle; to confirm; to establish.
- (superl.) Solid; -- opposed to fluid; as, firm land.
- (superl.) Not easily excited or disturbed; unchanging in purpose; fixed; steady; constant; stable; unshaken; not easily changed in feelings or will; strong; as, a firm believer; a firm friend; a firm adherent.
- (superl.) Fixed; hence, closely compressed; compact; substantial; hard; solid; -- applied to the matter of bodies; as, firm flesh; firm muscles, firm wood.
- (superl.) Indicating firmness; as, a firm tread; a firm countenance.
- (a.) To fix or direct with firmness.