Flooding Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• FloodingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) An abnormal or excessive discharge of blood from the uterus.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Flood
- (n.) The filling or covering with water or other fluid; overflow; inundation; the filling anything to excess.
• FloodDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) A great flow or stream of any fluid substance; as, a flood of light; a flood of lava; hence, a great quantity widely diffused; an overflowing; a superabundance; as, a flood of bank notes; a flood of paper currency.
- (v. t.) To overflow; to inundate; to deluge; as, the swollen river flooded the valley.
- (v. i.) A great flow of water; a body of moving water; the flowing stream, as of a river; especially, a body of water, rising, swelling, and overflowing land not usually thus covered; a deluge; a freshet; an inundation.
- (v. i.) Menstrual disharge; menses.
- (v. i.) The flowing in of the tide; the semidiurnal swell or rise of water in the ocean; -- opposed to ebb; as, young flood; high flood.
- (v. t.) To cause or permit to be inundated; to fill or cover with water or other fluid; as, to flood arable land for irrigation; to fill to excess or to its full capacity; as, to flood a country with a depreciated currency.