Fomenting Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• FomentingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Foment
• FomentDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To apply a warm lotion to; to bathe with a cloth or sponge wet with warm water or medicated liquid.
- (v. t.) To cherish with heat; to foster.
- (v. t.) To nurse to life or activity; to cherish and promote by excitements; to encourage; to abet; to instigate; -- used often in a bad sense; as, to foment ill humors.
- (n.) State of excitation; -- perh. confused with ferment.
- (n.) Fomentation.