Forbearing Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ForbearingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Forbear
- (a.) Disposed or accustomed to forbear; patient; long-suffering.
• ForbearDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To control ones self when provoked.
- (v. t.) To cease from bearing.
- (v. t.) To keep away from; to avoid; to abstain from; to give up; as, to forbear the use of a word of doubdtful propriety.
- (v. i.) To refrain from proceeding; to pause; to delay.
- (v. t.) To treat with consideration or indulgence.
- (v. i.) To refuse; to decline; to give no heed.
- (n.) An ancestor; a forefather; -- usually in the plural.