Forging Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ForgingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A piece of forged work in metal; -- a general name for a piece of hammered iron or steel.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Forge
- (n.) The act of counterfeiting.
- (n.) The act of shaping metal by hammering or pressing.
• ForgeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) To form or shape out in any way; to produce; to frame; to invent.
- (n.) The works where wrought iron is produced directly from the ore, or where iron is rendered malleable by puddling and shingling; a shingling mill.
- (n.) A place or establishment where iron or other metals are wrought by heating and hammering; especially, a furnace, or a shop with its furnace, etc., where iron is heated and wrought; a smithy.
- (v. t.) To impel forward slowly; as, to forge a ship forward.
- (n.) The act of beating or working iron or steel; the manufacture of metalic bodies.
- (v. t.) To commit forgery.
- (v. t.) To move heavily and slowly, as a ship after the sails are furled; to work ones way, as one ship in outsailing another; -- used especially in the phrase to forge ahead.
- (n.) To make falsely; to produce, as that which is untrue or not genuine; to fabricate; to counterfeit, as, a signature, or a signed document.
- (n.) To form by heating and hammering; to beat into any particular shape, as a metal.
- (n.) To coin.