Freewheel Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• FreewheelDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) Of a person, to ride a cycle of this manner. To ride a freewheel cycle.
- (v. i.) To operate like a freewheel, so that one part moves freely over another which normally moves with it; -- said of a clutch.
- (n.) A clutch fitted in the rear hub of a cycle, which engages the rear sprocket with the rear wheel when the pedals are rotated forwards, but permits the rear wheel to run on free from the rear sprocket when the pedals are stopped or rotated backwards. Freewheelcycles are usually fitted with hub brakes or rim brakes, operated by back pedaling.
- (v. i.) Of a freewheel cycle, to run on while the pedals are held still.