Fronting Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• FrontingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Front
• FrontDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The most conspicuous part.
- (n.) The forehead or brow, the part of the face above the eyes; sometimes, also, the whole face.
- (n.) That which covers the foremost part of the head: a front piece of false hair worn by women.
- (v. t.) To appear before; to meet.
- (n.) A position directly before the face of a person, or before the foremost part of a thing; as, in front of un person, of the troops, or of a house.
- (n.) The part or surface of anything which seems to look out, or to be directed forward; the fore or forward part; the foremost rank; the van; -- the opposite to back or rear; as, the front of a house; the front of an army.
- (v. t.) To stand opposed or opposite to, or over against as, his house fronts the church.
- (v. t.) To face toward; to have the front toward; to confront; as, the house fronts the street.
- (v. t.) To have or turn the face or front in any direction; as, the house fronts toward the east.
- (v. t.) To adorn in front; to supply a front to; as, to front a house with marble; to front a head with laurel.
- (n.) The beginning.
- (n.) The forehead, countenance, or personal presence, as expressive of character or temper, and especially, of boldness of disposition, sometimes of impudence; seeming; as, a bold front; a hardened front.
- (v. t.) To oppose face to face; to oppose directly; to meet in a hostile manner.
- (a.) Of or relating to the front or forward part; having a position in front; foremost; as, a front view.
- (n.) The call boy whose turn it is to answer the call, which is often the word "front," used as an exclamation.
- (n.) All the works along one side of the polygon inclosing the site which is fortified.
- (n.) The middle of the upper part of the tongue, -- the part of the tongue which is more or less raised toward the palate in the pronunciation of certain sounds, as the vowel i in machine, e in bed, and consonant y in you. See Guide to Pronunciation, /10.
• FrontinglyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) In a fronting or facing position; opposingly.