Governor Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• GovernorDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who governs; especially, one who is invested with the supreme executive authority in a State; a chief ruler or magistrate; as, the governor of Pennsylvania.
- (n.) One who has the care or guardianship of a young man; a tutor; a guardian.
- (n.) A contrivance applied to steam engines, water wheels, and other machinery, to maintain nearly uniform speed when the resistances and motive force are variable.
- (n.) A pilot; a steersman.
• Governor generalDefinition & Meaning in English
- () A governor who has lieutenant or deputy governors under him; as, the governor general of Canada, of India.