Halos Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• HalosDefinition & Meaning in English
- (pl. ) of Halo
• HaloDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A colored circle around a nipple; an areola.
- (n.) A circle of light; especially, the bright ring represented in painting as surrounding the heads of saints and other holy persons; a glory; a nimbus.
- (n.) A luminous circle, usually prismatically colored, round the sun or moon, and supposed to be caused by the refraction of light through crystals of ice in the atmosphere. Connected with halos there are often white bands, crosses, or arches, resulting from the same atmospheric conditions.
- (n.) An ideal glory investing, or affecting ones perception of, an object.
- (v. t. & i.) To form, or surround with, a halo; to encircle with, or as with, a halo.
• HaloscopeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) An instrument for exhibition or illustration of the phenomena of halos, parhelia, and the like.