Having Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• HavingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Possession; goods; estate.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Have
• HaveDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To hold, regard, or esteem.
- (v. t.) To put in an awkward position; to have the advantage of; as, that is where he had him.
- (v. t.) To understand.
- (v. t.) To take or hold (ones self); to proceed promptly; -- used reflexively, often with ellipsis of the pronoun; as, to have after one; to have at one or at a thing, i. e., to aim at one or at a thing; to attack; to have with a companion.
- (v. t.) To bear, as young; as, she has just had a child.
- (Indic. present) of Have
- (v. t.) To cause or procure to be; to effect; to exact; to desire; to require.
- (v. t.) To cause or force to go; to take.
- (v. t.) To get possession of; to obtain; to get.
- (v. t.) To possess, as something which appertains to, is connected with, or affects, one.
- (v. t.) To hold in possession or control; to own; as, he has a farm.
- (v. t.) To accept possession of; to take or accept.
- () of Have
- (v. t.) To be under necessity or obligation; to be compelled; followed by an infinitive.