Hoe Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• HoeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To use a hoe; to labor with a hoe.
- (v. t.) To cut, dig, scrape, turn, arrange, or clean, with a hoe; as, to hoe the earth in a garden; also, to clear from weeds, or to loosen or arrange the earth about, with a hoe; as, to hoe corn.
- (n.) A tool chiefly for digging up weeds, and arranging the earth about plants in fields and gardens. It is made of a flat blade of iron or steel having an eye or tang by which it is attached to a wooden handle at an acute angle.
- (n.) The horned or piked dogfish. See Dogfish.
• HoecakeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A cake of Indian meal, water, and salt, baked before the fire or in the ashes; -- so called because often cooked on a hoe.
• HoemotherDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The basking or liver shark; -- called also homer. See Liver shark, under Liver.