Homely Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• HomelyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Belonging to, or having the characteristics of, home; domestic; familiar; intimate.
- (n.) Plain; unpretending; rude in appearance; unpolished; as, a homely garment; a homely house; homely fare; homely manners.
- (adv.) Plainly; rudely; coarsely; as, homely dressed.
- (n.) Of plain or coarse features; uncomely; -- contrary to handsome.
• HomelynDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The European sand ray (Raia maculata); -- called also home, mirror ray, and rough ray.