Homing Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• HomingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Home-returning; -- used specifically of carrier pigeons.
- (p.a.) Home-returning.
• HomeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Close; personal; pointed; as, a home thrust.
- (n.) The home base; he started for home.
- (n.) Ones own dwelling place; the house in which one lives; esp., the house in which one lives with his family; the habitual abode of ones family; also, ones birthplace.
- (n.) A place of refuge and rest; an asylum; as, a home for outcasts; a home for the blind; hence, esp., the grave; the final rest; also, the native and eternal dwelling place of the soul.
- (adv.) Close; closely.
- (n.) Ones native land; the place or country in which one dwells; the place where ones ancestors dwell or dwelt.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to ones dwelling or country; domestic; not foreign; as home manufactures; home comforts.
- (n.) The abiding place of the affections, especially of the domestic affections.
- (adv.) To the place where it belongs; to the end of a course; to the full length; as, to drive a nail home; to ram a cartridge home.
- (n.) See Homelyn.
- (n.) The locality where a thing is usually found, or was first found, or where it is naturally abundant; habitat; seat; as, the home of the pine.
- (adv.) To ones home or country; as in the phrases, go home, come home, carry home.
- (n.) In various games, the ultimate point aimed at in a progress; goal
- (n.) The place of a player in front of an opponents goal; also, the player.
- (n.) The plate at which the batter stands.