Hushing Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• HushingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The process of washing ore, or of uncovering mineral veins, by a heavy discharge of water from a reservoir; flushing; -- also called booming.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Hush
• HushDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To become or to keep still or quiet; to become silent; -- esp. used in the imperative, as an exclamation; be still; be silent or quiet; make no noise.
- (v. t.) To appease; to allay; to calm; to soothe.
- (a.) Silent; quiet.
- (v. t.) To still; to silence; to calm; to make quiet; to repress the noise or clamor of.
- (n.) Stillness; silence; quiet.